Monaco by numbers
Surface area: 2 sq.km (second smallest state in the world).
Population: 35,881 inhabitants
Nationality of the residents:
Monegasque 21.6 %
French 28.4 %
Other 15 %
State budget: 760 million euros
- 5 million visitors per year. 817,011 hotel nights. 4 nationalities account for 60% of leisure tourism: Italian, French, British, American;
- Hotel capacity: 5,526 beds.
Financial and economic activity:
- Annual turnover of the Principality: almost 13 billion euros;
- Over 5,000 establishments, including banks and financial businesses, employing 48,000 people;
- A hundred or so financial establishments managing over 77 billion in funds and investments;
- Home to over 40 luxury brands.
GDP per inhabitant in volume
54,464 constant euros (second highest in the world)